For those of us who can’t hug our loved ones this Mother’s Day weekend, we’ve compiled the best offerings inspired by the iconic, luxury hotels we’d love to be visiting right now. From DIY spa experiences and special products to chef-created recipes you can recreate at home, get inspiration on how to give the mothers in your life a socially responsible thank you during COVID-19.
Chef-created Recipes that Impress
Planning a breakfast in bed? Get by with a little help from the chefs at these culinary-forward hotels.
- Add a tropical, Caribbean flair to French toast with this recipe for pina colada and torrija from Rosewood Little Dix Bay’s breakfast menu in the British Virgin Islands. Pair with fresh flowers, a side of fruit and a steaming cup of coffee.
- Recreate The Langham, Chicago’s famous afternoon tea with Pastry Chef Danielle Marelli’s scone recipe and mom’s tea of choice.
- Take advantage of strawberry season by preparing this gourmet strawberry tarte, from the mind of Head Pastry Chef Matthieu Carlin at Hotel de Crillon in Paris, France. C’est tres magnifique.
- Give an elegant toast with a craft lavender and gin cocktail from the menu at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas, Texas. Don’t forget the maraschino garnish for a special finishing touch.
DIY Spa Day
Bring the luxury hotel spa experience home to momma with signature products from these top properties.
- A plush, microsuede stay-at-home robe from the Four Seasons spa line.
- An aromatic and sea-inspired salt scrub, body wash or body butter from Gurney’s Resorts.
- A bouquet of fresh orchids, to fill her home with the tropical scent of Honolulu’s Halekulani Hotel.
- Edition Hotel’s signature candle, with hints of robust black tea, citrus, smoke, chocolate and pepper.
- Miraval Resorts’ celebrity-manicurist-designed nail polish that promotes healthy nails and is inspired by the colors of the Sonoran Desert.
- A limited-edition turtle print beach cruiser bicycle from Timbers Kiawah Ocean Club in South Carolina for some gentle activity. (Plus, it gives back to Kiawah Island’s turtle protection program.)
The post 10 Luxury Hotel-Inspired Experiences to Thank the Mothers in Your Life appeared first on Smart Meetings.