This April, Kayak, the company that once served only as a way for travelers to book flights, accommodations, and to research trip ideas, will be trying a more direct approach to the world of hospitality.
In partnership with hotel designer Life House, Kayak Miami Beach will open as a 52-room boutique hotel in an Art Deco landmark. Guests will be able to message staff around the clock, request room upgrades, control their door and room features—all from the Kayak app. And later this year, notifications of on-property events and room-ready alerts will be added to the app; lobby kiosks will offer a speedy check-in option, as well as the ability to browse dining choices.
The property sits alongside Collins Canal Park, near plenty of local nightlife and outdoor events during the day. The hotel itself will boast a rooftop pool and Layla, an on-site restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine. Meeting professionals will be able to host events within Layla.
Kayak Miami Beach also made health and safety a priority by monitoring CDC and WHO guidance, and the guidance of local authorities. From the start, Kayak will implement the following to keep guests safe.
- Deep-cleaning all guest rooms, lobbies, public spaces and high-touch surfaces
- Requiring face coverings in all public areas and by all staff members
- Checking staff temperatures daily
- Removing printed guestbook in favor of a digital one (There’s an app for that.)
- Removing pens, glasses and notepads from guest rooms
- Reducing in-room housekeeping by making it upon request
- Continuing in-room dining services from Layla upon request