Events Industry Council’s (EIC) 2020 global awards are upon us. On Thursday, March 25 at 11:30 a.m. EST, EIC will honor its 2020 Hall of Leaders inductees and celebrate the winners of two new global awards, EIC Social Impact Award, and EIC Adaption and Innovation Award.
The Hall of Leaders, the industry’s “lifetime achievement award,” recognizes those who have had a hand in shaping the events industry. 2020 Hall of Leaders awards will also honor leaders who have contributed to the following areas.
- Driving key support programs and adaptations, and offering transformational leadership to address the impact of the Covid-19 crisis in the global events industry.
- Driving key support programs and adaptions, and offering transformational leadership to address diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility in the global events industry.
The Hall of Leaders 2020 inductees are.
- John H. Graham IV, CAE, president and CEO, ASAE (posthumously), Nominated by ASAE
- Anita Pires, president, Pires Destinations & Events Intelligence, Nominated by COCAL
- Jonathan Howe, president and senior partner, Howe & Hutton, Ltd., Nominated by MPI
EIC’s Social Impact Award, given to an individual or organization, is a recognition of efforts made in diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility in the global events industry. EIC’s Adaption and Innovation Award recognizes efforts to retain the industry’s relevance as it emerges of out the global crisis.
EIC Social Impact Award: Individual
- Latoya Lewis, founder and executive director, EnventU (nominated by Andrea Liss)
EIC Social Impact Awards: Organization
- The Above and Beyond Foundation (nominated by Tony Lorenz, HeadSail)
EIC Social Impact Award: Leading in Times of Crisis
- Black Tourism and DMO Leaders (nominated by Mike Gamble, SearchWide Global)
- Cleo Battle, CDME, CTA, chief operating officer, Louisville Tourism
- Timothy Bush, CDME, TMP, chief tourism development officer, OneSpartanburg, Inc.
- Julie Coker president and CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority
- Gregory DeShields, CHE, CDE, executive director, PHL Diversity)
- Jason Dunn, Sr., CTA, immediate past Chairman, National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals; and group vice president, diversity, equity and inclusion, Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Lorne Edwards, senior vice president of sales and services, Visit Phoenix
- Elliott Ferguson, president and CEO, Destination DC
- Darren Green, senior vice president sales, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
- Michael Gunn, CMP, CFMP, senior vice president, convention sales, Greater Birmingham Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Al Hutchinson, president and CEO, Visit Baltimore
- Charles Jeffers, chief operating officer, Visit Baltimore
- James Jessie chief sales officer, Travel Portland
- Connie Kinnard, vice president, multicultural tourism and development, Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Robin McClain, senior vice president, marketing and communications, Destination DC
- Angela Nelson, CTA, vice president, multicultural business development, Experience Grand Rapids
- Marie Sueing, senior vice president, diversity and inclusion, Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Melvin Tennant, CAE, president and CEO, Meet Minneapolis
- Rickey Thigpen, MSL, president and CEO, Visit Jackson
- Dan Williams, CTA, vice president, convention sales, Experience Columbus
- Ernest Wooden, Jr., former president and CEO, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
Check out who won 2019’s EIC Hall of Leaders and Pacesetter Awards, a celebration of emerging leaders in the industry, here.
Details on registration and programming will be released soon on eventscouncil.org